Despite its resilience, cast acrylic discs are easily shaped and styled with the kinds of tools available in most homes and all hardware stores. Be aware, too much force placed on the material during fabrication can cause the plastic to split.
Acrylic disc’s most notable uses are generally in kitchens, as splashbacks or protection and decoration for walls, because of the ease at which they can be cleaned and as a result of its low water absorbency and resistance to damage by chemicals.
Other key features of coloured acrylic discs include:
- High impact resistance
- Resistance to sunlight and salt spray
- Working temperature range of -35C – 70C
- Easy and cost effective fabrication
- Fully recyclable
- High surface hardness
- Better chemical resistance than most plastics
- Food safe
- Low maintenance
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Please Note: Colour of acrylic circular discs may vary slightly due to variances in your computer display.