Extruded acrylic sheets offer a lower cost alternative to cast acrylic sheets. These sheets are as much as ten times more resistant to impact than glass and are less likely to be broken by footballs, golf balls or a variety of other common household hazards.
- Lightweight, up to half the weight of glass
- High impact resistance
- Strong, durable and hard wearing
- Excellent gloss finish
- Consistent thickness and suitable for general fabrication
- Sheet manufacturing process: 3mm and 5mm extruded / 10mm cast
- Can be written on with a whiteboard marker pen
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Extruded acrylic has excellent UV stability and can have a life of about 15 – 20 years when used outside and is completely durable in all weathers.Extruded acrylic sheets are suitable for a variety of applications. It has an excellent surface finish, is of very consistent thickness across a sheet and is ideal for general fabrication purposes.
It is also easily flame polished and bonds exceptionally well with suitable solvent based adhesives, as well as having a slightly lower forming temperature than cast acrylic. This material can be easily cut and drilled with household power tools, however care must be taken not split the material by pushing too hard!
Extruded acrylic sheets are ideal for greenhouse glazing, shed windows, garage windows, office screens, dividers and general fabrication. Coloured acrylic sheets can be used in a huge range of applications and it is often a popular choice of material for kitchen splashbacks as opposed to expensive glass.
Other properties of this material include:
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray
- Temperature range of -30 to 160° F for continuous service
- Good outdoor weathering
- Fully recyclable
- Superb chemical resistance – better than most plastics
- Food safe
- Easy to clean and maintain
Please Note: 3mm and 5mm white acrylic is extruded and 10mm white acrylic is cast.
Acrylic is also known by the trade names of Perspex®, Lucite, Altuglas and Plexiglass.