Here we list some comparisons between Mirrored Acrylic and Polycarbonate Mirrored sheeting, two very similar products with slightly different properties:
- Mirrored Acrylic generally comes in sheet form.
- It is a lightweight material that offers superb reflection, similar to that of mirrored glass.
- At 100 times stronger than glass, this is often used to make safety mirrors in a variety of different industries.
- Acrylic Mirrors are easy to clean, by applying a simple solution of warm water and soap, and then wiping with a clean, lint free cloth. Certain chemicals can damage acrylic and may cause scratches, so check the label of any readymade cleaning solutions.
- While resistant to weather conditions, acrylic mirrors are generally used for indoor applications.
- Acrylic Mirrors are easy to work with; they can be cut with a knife, scriber or jigsaw and may also be drilled with care.
- Costing up to 50% less than Polycarbonate mirrored sheeting, Acrylic sheeting is ideal for short term projects.
- Polycarbonate Mirror also comes in sheet form.
- Extremely lightweight (approximately one-third of the weight of glass), it offers superior optical clarity, making it material of choice for use in areas where glass mirrors would be unsafe or too heavy.
- Approximately 250 times stronger than glass, Polycarbonate mirrors are virtually unbreakable and once the sheeting is over a certain thickness it becomes bulletproof.
- Polycarbonate mirrors are highly resistant to chemicals such as gasoline and acid, so they can be cleaned with most shop bought cleaning solutions; however it can scratch so you need to be observant when using a new cleaning solution.
- Completely weather resistant, Polycarbonate copes well with changes in temperature; it can expand and contract without causing any permanent damage; making it a popular choice for outdoor applications.
- Polycarbonate is slightly harder to cut, but this property makes it easier to drill than Acrylic. It has much less chance of cracking or chipping.
- Sheets of Polycarbonate mirror can be expensive, but for a long term project it is an investment.
We stock a wide range of acrylic and polycarbonate mirrored sheeting cut to your exact size requirements.