Clear Perspex® extruded acrylic is a versatile plastic sheet which is ideal for general fabrication purposes. As a cheaper alternative to cast acrylic, extruded Perspex® acrylic sheet is lightweight, impact resistant and easy to work with.
We offer clear Perspex® acrylic cut to size in a variety of thicknesses from 2mm – 15mm.
- Lightweight and impact resistant
- Uniform thickness and smooth finish
- Better impact resistance than glass
- Strong and durable
- Chemical resistant
- Easy to clean
- Low moisture absorption rate
- UV resistant – 10 year outdoor guarantee
- Up to 92% light transmission – higher than most traditional types of glass
- Sheet manufacturing process: Extruded
- Can be written on with a whiteboard marker pen
- Suitable for laser cutting
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Unlike Cast Acrylic, Extruded Acrylic sheets are manufactured by extruding the resin over a production line which offers a uniform thickness and an excellent surface finish. A superb replacement for glass in a number of applications, Extruded Acrylic is as much as ten times more resistant to impact than glass and has excellent UV stability.
This makes it a popular choice of material for replacement greenhouse panels and secondary glazing, where it can offer 15-20 years of flawless service in all weathers. It performs well wherever a strong, lightweight and shatterproof material is required – particularly in environments where safety is a concern.
Clear acrylic is also known by the trade names of Perspex®, Lucite, Altuglas and Plexiglass.
In addition to its strength, the versatility of Perspex sheet acrylic is further broadened by its light weight, resistance to chemicals and a low moisture absorption rate which makes it suitable for food contact and for use in hygienic environments.
It is easily maintained and can be cleaned with a soft cloth and a little soap and warm water.
The benefits of buying Perspex® cut to size:
- Save money – Only pay for the amount of sheeting that you need
- Accurate cutting – Our cutting equipment ensures a straight and accurate cut
- Professional finishing – Take advantage of optional polished edges for a completely smooth and clear edge
- Complex cutting requirements – Our state of the art CNC machines can cater for any corners, shapes and holes which would be difficult or impossible to achieve at home
Please Note: our current machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.