Clear extruded acrylic is a versatile plastic sheet, ideal for general fabrication purposes.
As a cheaper alternative to cast acrylic, extruded acrylic sheet is lightweight, impact-resistant and easy to work with.
We offer clear acrylic sheets cut to size in various thicknesses from 2mm to 15mm.
Key Features of Clear Acrylic:
- Clear acrylic (also known as Perspex or Plexiglass)
- Uniform thickness and smooth finish
- Lightweight and impact-resistant
- Strong and durable
- Chemical resistant
- Low moisture absorption rate
- UV resistant – 10-year outdoor guarantee
- Better impact resistance than glass
- Up to 92% light transmission – higher than most traditional types of glass
- Easy to clean
- Sheet manufacturing process: Extruded
- Suitable for laser cutting
- Suitable for writing with whiteboard marker pens
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Unlike Cast Acrylic, Extruded Acrylic sheets are manufactured by extruding the resin over a production line which offers a uniform thickness and an excellent surface finish. A superb replacement for glass in a number of applications, Extruded Acrylic is as much as ten times more resistant to impact than glass and has excellent UV stability.
This makes it a popular choice of material for replacement greenhouse panels and secondary glazing, where it can offer 15-20 years of flawless service in all weather. It performs well wherever a strong, lightweight and shatterproof material is required – particularly in environments where safety is a concern.
In addition to its strength, the versatility of Perspex sheet acrylic is further broadened by its lightweight, resistance to chemicals and low moisture absorption rate which makes it suitable for food contact and for use in hygienic environments.
It is easily maintained and can be cleaned with a soft cloth, a little soap and warm water.
Clear Acrylic product data
Maximum sheet size: 3000mm x 2050mm
Available thicknesses: 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm
Colour group: Transparent
Material: Acrylic (extruded)
Height: Between 100mm and 3000mm
Width: Between 100mm and 2050mm
Is Clear Acrylic and Perspex the same thing?
‘Clear acrylic’ is also known by the trade names of Lucite, Altuglas, Plexi Glass and Plexiglass. Clear Acrylic is commonly known as Perspex, Please view our blog to understand the difference between Perspex® and Acrylic.
The benefits of buying Clear Acrylic Perspex cut to size:
- Save money – Only pay for the amount of sheeting that you need
- Accurate cutting – Our cutting equipment ensures a straight and accurate cut
- Professional finishing – Take advantage of optional polished edges for a completely smooth and clear edge
- Complex cutting requirements – Our state-of-the-art CNC machines can cater for any corners, shapes and holes that would be difficult or impossible to achieve at home
Please Note: our current machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.