Replace broken fridge shelves with durable, shatterproof acrylic cut to your size requirements. This particular material has a green tint added which gives the appearance of traditional glass when viewed through the edge.
- 100% recyclable
- Highly durable & rigid
- Less than half the weight of glass
- Unaffected by salt spray or UV light
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Impressive resistance to impact damage
- Resistant to corrosion and chemical damage
- Green tint gives glass look when viewed through the edge
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
There is no contest between acrylic and glass in terms of practicality and damage resistance, as glass is clearly outclassed by the various beneficial qualities of acrylic. The damage resistance of acrylic is ten times that of glass, and even when enough force is exerted to break it, acrylic will split cleanly; rather than shatter in to thousands of tiny, sharp shards.
Ideally suited as a replacement fridge shelf, this particular type of acrylic is called “Green Edge” acrylic and is renowned for its glass-like transparency and aesthetics. This is the reason why it is so often called, and is probably better known as, glass effect acrylic.
In addition to its impressive durability and glass-like aesthetics, these Green Edge Acrylic fridge shelf replacements have all the other qualities that inherently belong to all acrylic sheets; including water and temperature resistance, lightweight construction, scratch resistance, and a high fabrication potential, to name but a few.
- To get an accurate representation of the colour, please order a sample as computer displays can differ
- We recommend all acrylic sheets are not installed closer than 200mm to an open heat source such as a gas/electric hob.
- Our machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.
- Due to the manufacturing process of cast acrylic, the thickness of the sheet has a maximum tolerance of +/-10%.