Opal frosted acrylic sheeting (also known as Opal acrylic) is an elegant material with light diffusing properties which make it useful in a number of situations.
- Low cost
- Impact resistant
- Superb chemical resistance
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Suitable for use in food environments
- 70% light transmission
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
This material has all of the same benefits of regular acrylic sheets (as mentioned above), but the overall effect is an opal or white appearance.
Opal is a semi-translucent material which allows approximately 70% light transmission. Great for creating opaque effects for light boxes and allowing illumination from behind without showing the detail.
Opal frosted acrylic is also known by the trade names of Perspex®, Lucite, Altuglas and Plexiglass.
- To get an accurate representation of the colour, please order a sample as computer displays can differ
- We recommend all acrylic sheets are not installed closer than 200mm to an open heat source such as a gas/electric hob.
- Our machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.
- Due to the manufacturing process of cast acrylic, the thickness of the sheet has a maximum tolerance of +/-10%.