Acrylic Mirror is widely uses as a glass mirror replacement due to its impact resistance and shatterproof qualities as well as it’s great value for money.
As acrylic mirrors adapt well to all temperatures and weather conditions, you can expect them to continue shinning for a good 15 – 20 years, with the right care and attention.
DIY Mirror-Cleaning Tools
- Warm Water
- Liquid detergent
- Lint Free Microfibre Cloth
- For added protection and a great finish – VuPlex Plastic Cleaner and Anti-Static Polish Spray
How to Clean Mirrored Acrylic
To maintain the shining appearance of your acrylic mirror you need to clean it with care and follow our instructions below:
- Add a splash of mild liquid detergent to warm water,
- Begin by removing any dust particles and stubborn debris using a lint-free cloth and water.
- Using a dry soft cloth, gently wipe the mirror dry.
- For added protection, with a new dry cloth generously spray your acrylic with VuPlex Plastic Cleaner and Anti-Static Polish Spray and wipe down
Remember – Do not use solvents, such as methylated spirits and turpentine; use of such materials may cause irreversible surface damage to your acrylic mirrors.
Some cleaning products are deemed as ‘safe’ to use on acrylic mirrors, but why pay more when a simple soap and water solution will suffice.
Shop Cut-To-Size Mirrored Acrylic or Cleaning Essentials
Cut Plastic Sheeting are based on the south Coast in Ivybridge, Devon UK. We have a full manufacturing facility which enables us to offer Cut To Size Acrylic as well as Cut To Size MDF. Shop our full range of products, including our Clear Acrylic, coloured acrylic and more recent MDF Wood Sheet ranges.
Our Team are always here to help with any enquiry, please send us an email or for more urgent needs give us a call – Contact Us