Recycled Cast Acrylic sheets are crafted from post-consumer acrylic waste, making them an eco-conscious choice for businesses and individuals looking to minimise their impact on the environment. Just like their non-recycled counterparts, our acrylic sheets are known for their durability and resistance to UV radiation, weathering, and chemicals. This makes them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
Light blue acrylic is versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications, including interior design, signage, furniture, and art. Its colour conveys a fresh and clean look, making it a popular choice in environments where hygiene is important such as in healthcare, dental, and medical settings.
Features of Recycled Acrylic:
- Half the weight of glass
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray
- Temperature range of -30 to 160° F for continuous service
- Easy and cost-effective fabrication
- Fully recyclable
- Excellent surface hardness and durability
- Superb chemical resistance – better than most plastics
- Food safe
- Sheet manufacturing process: Cast
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
- Class E DIN EN ISO 13501-1 fire rating
Popular Applications of Recycled Acrylic:
Recycled acrylic is a versatile and sustainable material that can be employed in various creative and functional applications.
- Signage and Displays: Recycled acrylic sheets are commonly used for making eye-catching signs, point-of-sale displays, and exhibition stands. Their clarity and durability make them ideal for showcasing brands and products effectively.
- Art and Craft Projects: Artists and craftsmen appreciate recycled acrylic for its easy cutting and shaping. It’s often used for creating sculptures, jewelry, picture frames, and other artistic creations.
- Architectural Elements: Recycled acrylic can be incorporated into architectural designs for applications like balustrades, room dividers, and interior cladding. It adds a modern and eco-friendly touch to architectural projects.
It is also important to remember that low levels of light transmission may occur with our Blue Greencast Acrylic Sheet, and this is entirely normal for these kinds of materials. Please be aware that this incredibly deep Blue material needs to be fixed to a blemish-free wall, ideally with a white or light background. Dark blemishes or tape can sometimes show witness marks through the front face of the material.
- To get an accurate representation of the colour, please order a sample as the colour of sheets may differ slightly due to variances in your computer display
- We recommend all acrylic sheets are not installed closer than 200mm to an open heat source such as a gas/electric hob.
- Due to the manufacturing process of cast acrylic, the thickness of the sheet has a maximum tolerance of +/-10%.
- Our Blue Cast Acrylic does allow for low levels of light transmission.