Our custom sized clear Perspex® acrylic is the ideal replacement for glass greenhouse panels.
These sheets are as much as ten times more resistant to impact than glass and are less likely to be broken by footballs, golf balls or a variety other common household hazards. This strength does not come at the cost of clarity, with acrylic panels being no thicker than glass ones and are even more transparent.
Perspex® acrylic is also a great alternative to Polycarbonate panels which will slowly start to become yellow as a result of the sun’s UV rays, which will reduce its clarity and effectiveness. Acrylic on the other hand has excellent UV stability and is completely durable in all weather conditions, giving it a life of about 15-22 years when used outside; roughly 12 years longer than Polycarbonate.
Other benefits of these Acrylic greenhouse panels include a huge reduction in weight compared to glass greenhouse panels, and a 10 year outdoor guarantee.
- Much more resistant to impact than glass
- Shatterproof – much safer than glass
- 10 year outdoor guarantee
- Can be cut and filed to fit if required
- Above 90% light transmission – better than most traditional glass
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Compared To Glass:
- Approximately half the weight
- 10 times impact resistance
- Greater transparency and clarity
- If it does break, it does not shatter; making it safer.
Compared To Polycarbonate:
- Is not affected or yellowed by the sun
- Greater resistance to scratches
- Simple to repair
- Less maintenance required
- Up to 3 times cheaper
Please note: our current machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.
Clear acrylic is also known by the trade names of Perspex®, Lucite, Altuglas and Plexiglass.