Clear acrylic sheet, also commonly known by the tradenames of PerspexÂ® or Plexiglass, is a versatile plastic material which serves as a lightweight alternative to glass for a huge range of domestic and commercial applications.
- Half the weight of glass
- Impact and scratch resistant
- Resistant to salt spray and UV
- Fully recyclable
- Greatly durable
- Resistant to chemicals
- Easy to clean with a soft cloth and warm soapy water
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
Silicate Green Edge Acrylic, also known as ‘Glass Effect’ or simply ‘Green Edge’ is a superb combination of the high performance qualities of acrylic and the aesthetic of glass. Ideal for use in display applications where the colour of glass edge is required, this acrylic sheet has a small amount of green dye added to it in the manufacturing process which creates an attractive green tint similar to that of glass when it is viewed through the edge.
As it is a clear acrylic, ‘Glass Effect’ is far superior to glass in terms of scratch resistance, impact resistance, its light weight, ease of maintenance and weather resistance when used outdoors. It remains unaffected by sun and salt spray and, once used, is fully recyclable.
Silicate Green Edge Acrylic discs are available for polishing and provide an attractive and high performance alternative to glass for a number of display applications in the home, retail, leisure and other commercial environments. Please note that polishing removes approximately 2mm of material.
- To get an accurate representation of the colour, please order a sample as computer displays can differ
- We recommend all acrylic sheets are not installed closer than 200mm to an open heat source such as a gas/electric hob.
- Our machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.
- Due to the manufacturing process of cast acrylic, the thickness of the sheet has a maximum tolerance of +/-10%.