A popular choice of material for areas that require high levels of hygiene, sheet acrylic boasts a high resistance to chemicals and is simple to maintain. Acrylic’s resistance to chemicals and easy upkeep has made it a very popular choice for kitchen worktops and surfaces in restaurants, pubs and homes.
Since its inception, acrylic has always been a popular alternative to glass as it can have the same transparent clarity but is also lighter and more durable. In addition to this, acrylic (also known as Perspex) is available in a large number of vivid colours, which means it can be simply incorporated into any area, in any style. Other key features include:
- Half the weight of glass
- Impact resistant
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray
- Temperature range of -30 to 160°F for continuous service
- Good outdoor weathering
- Easy and cost effective fabrication
- Fully recyclable
- Excellent surface hardness and durability
- Sheet manufacturing process: Cast
- Food safe
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
- Class E DIN EN ISO 13501-1 fire rating
Please be aware that this extremely vibrant pink material needs to be fixed to a blemish-free wall, ideally with a white or light background. Dark blemishes or tape can sometimes show witness marks though the front face of the material.
- To get an accurate representation of the colour, please order a sample as computer displays can differ
- We recommend all acrylic sheets are not installed closer than 200mm to an open heat source such as a gas/electric hob.
- Our machines work to a tolerance of +/- 1mm. Please enter your requirements to the nearest whole mm.
- Due to the manufacturing process of cast acrylic, the thickness of the sheet has a maximum tolerance of +/-10%.